Refresher Online Law Workshops
The Library has highly comprehensive and focused online workshops, videos and tutorials that would help law students get top marks. Students can take the workshops in the safety of their home and at time that suits them.
The workshops cover:
- Law database searches via searching using Boolean connectors, finding judicial consideration of words and phrases, and finding cases referring to legislation
- Advance searches that search via legislation and precedents.
- Browsing topics and practice areas, browsing publications and legislation, browsing bills and speeches
The workshops are a good way to get students familiar with the mechanics of searching or brushing up their search skills if they know the basics.
Knowing how to search effectively and efficiently will help students ace assignments and exams.
Other workshop topics include:
- Using Case-base Case Citators, using Case-base catchwords and linking to Commentary
- Searching publications
- Browsing current legislation, defined terms in legislation, bills, explanatory memoranda and second reading speeches, and searching legislation by year and number
Access them here.
Enjoy and have a great Term!